So it seems the price of Hummus is on the rise due to a chick pea shortage. Stock up on Chick peas and make your own, its so easy!!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (Keep chick pea brine from can for this recipe.)
- 2 TBSP brine from can of chickpeas (also known as aquafaba)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (love this ingredient, lasts forever in the fridge and is yummy in salad dressing)
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 TBSP Olive Oil
- OPTIONAL – 1 teaspoon of cumin ground or whole seeds
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides, until the hummus is completely creamy. Taste the hummus and add any additional aquafaba, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt or cumin to adjust as desired.